Social Media Manager
Wachsman PR is seeking an accomplished Social Media Manager for its New York office for immediate
hire. The successful candidate will support both Wachsman PR and a significant client in maximizing each brand worldwide through the proliferation of news articles and company updates on multiple social media channels.
- Design and execute positive brand building activities on social media channels relevant to Wachsman PR, and one of our multi-billion dollar blockchain clients.
- Manage the day-to-day Wachsman PR LinkedIn and Twitter pages, as well as the client’s postings on channels including but not limited to Facebook, Steemit, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and other trade forums.
- Plan and coordinate activities based on the current fintech news cycle, trending industry topics, as well as posting news generated by Wachsman PR on all social media channels.
- Liaise with Public Relations team members and scour industry news sites to create posts that support public relations campaigns.
- Significantly grow the Wachsman PR LinkedIn and Twitter following.
- Draft social media posts in a clear, succinct and engaging way.
- Create and present monthly reports to Wachsman PR management on social media engagement results.
- On occasion, attend events on behalf of the client to conduct social media posts on location.
The successful applicant will have:
- 2-3 years of social media management skills in a corporate environment
- Exceptional work ethic and motivation to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically in high-pressure situations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to operate independently and in support of PR teams.
- Proficient in, or at least knowledge of, all social media channels
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices and emerging trends in the digital/social space. Maintains currency with the latest in social media enhancement and principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Proficient in Gmail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Knowledge and experience with social media community management preferred, including responding to stakeholders via Slack, client forum pages, and direct messaging in a positive, professional way.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time