Company: Wachsman PR
Position / Title: Account Director
Contract type: Full-time
Split between New York City, the global media capital of the world, and Dublin, the fastest growing fintech hub in Europe, Wachsman PR services some of the most disruptive and influential forces in fintech.
Founded in December 2015 by David Wachsman, Wachsman PR provides first class global public relations support and advisory services to innovative and breakthrough technology companies, predominantly in the blockchain space. Representing approximately fifty clients worldwide, Wachsman PR executes targeted traditional media relations campaigns attracting the attention of global press.
With a growing global team of 28, Wachsman PR is seeking an experienced and ambitious Account Director for its European Headquarters in Dublin. Reporting to the Director, the ideal candidate has a minimum of 6 years of successful PR agency experience, with strong strategic thinking, leadership and communications skills. An individual in this role at Wachsman PR is treated as a leader in the organization and will typically manage client relationships and internal teams for key accounts, oversee workflow and processes for each team, and grow accounts and new business.
We’re looking for a candidate who is driven, diligent, and confident in their ability to successfully lead teams and establish strong relationships within the industry. This role would suit an established PR professional who is looking to further develop their skills in client management, business development, and leadership. In return, we offer a very competitive salary, excellent growth opportunities and a brilliant working environment.
Duties and Aptitudes:
- Translate client business needs into communications action steps with solution-oriented focus.
- Ability to provide counsel and strategy for branding, reputation management and crisis communications; embraces and understands the principles of global media relations.
- Aptitude for thinking creatively and sharing effective, creative ideas with clients.
- Stays abreast of emerging technology and recognizes opportunities to continuingly develop themselves professionally.
- Demonstrates commitment to industry, agency and clients by mastering industry knowledge, trends and understanding clients’ business.
- Shows ability to lead others; remains calm under pressure.
- Supervisory responsibilities; identifies staffing issues and needs, adopts or creates processes, documentation, and templates to meet those needs.
- Helps lead cultural values; strong, active, advocate of culture.
- Instills confidence and motivates/inspires clients and colleagues.
- Collaborative spirit to work towards the best outcome for clients and the agency.
- Effectively resolves conflict with clients and within teams.
- Actively contributes to the management of the PR agency.
- Actively participates and at times, leads the recruitment of agency staff.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully network and outreach for agency.
- Actively participates in new business development, presentations and proposals and represents Wachsman PR in new business meetings.
The successful applicant will have:
- At least 6 years of PR agency experience.
- Undergraduate degree achieved.
- Experience in financial technology, B2B or corporate PR preferred.
- Exceptional work ethic and motivated to excel in a fast paced environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a strong and clear interest in finance and technology.
- Track record of securing top-tier print and broadcast coverage and experience in developing relationships with reporters.
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team and strong interpersonal skills.
- Pragmatic and goal oriented.
- Employee Macbooks and iPhones
- Office snacks
- Monthly beer and pizza nights
- Regular team lunches and drinks
- The ability to make a huge impact
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to [email protected]